At first, I didn’t understand the premise behind the pinning and the boards. But, now I am really getting into it!
My favorite thing to pin (or repin) are the quotes. Yeah, I like the recipes and the clothes – but, I normally can’t afford the clothes I pin (or repin) and nobody in my family will eat the fancy recipes I pin (or repin). But, a girl can dream, right?
So, the quotes are what I like and some of them are really great! In addition, I have also realized I have some pretty deep, thoughtful and caring friends that pin (or repin) these words. Yes, my friends also pin (or repin) some silly stuff. But, so do I… I have a separate board for funny, called “funny” (yes, very creative – I know).
My husband may not enjoy the pinning (or repinning) of quotes as much as I do. After I pin (or repin) a great quote – I send him a text of the quote. I feel like this quote (of the moment) will change his day, enlighten him, and make him a deep-thinker. I envision him standing there, in awe of what he just read, and he will be thrilled that I shared these words with him.
I may be wrong about this.
I usually get a text response to my quote that says “kool” or “yup, good one.” But, I still think he is deeply moved by the words that I just shared with him.
I have compiled a list of my favorite Pinterest quotes:
- Don’t give up what you want most, for what you want now.
- Be curious, not judgmental – Walt Whitman
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And, if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them – Dalai Lama
- If you judge people you have no time to love them. – Mother Teresa
- The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
- You don’t have to attend every argument you’re invited to.
- Your beliefs don’t make you a better person, your behavior does.
- Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it’s ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life believing that it’s stupid. – Albert Einstein
- Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is watching.
- Happiness will never come to those that don’t appreciate what they already have.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
And, my all-time favorite…
- You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass it would be just as green.
As you can see… my time on Pinterest pinning (and repinning) has been well spent. I feel more enlightened just reading the words I have compiled… and I just know my husband does too.
Take time to water your own grass.
Photography of Melanie by Gregory C. Gamradt