I have a few obsessions that I will admit to. One is painting. Not art or anything amazing… mostly furniture and walls. My friend recently dubbed the issue CPD (Compulsive Painting Disorder). I’ll admit it. I have CPD.
In addition to CPD I also have a slight “infomercial problem.” I love watching infomercials. Unfortunately, I also love purchasing the items I watch on infomercials (this is so embarrassing).
I know I’m not alone or there would not be infomercials on TV all of the time, so I really shouldn’t be embarrassed admitting this, right?
Here are just some of the many items that I’ve purchased off infomercials or QVC:
- P90X (come on, you’ve all bought this one!)
- Tap Out (my husband bought this, similar to P90X)
- Beachbody (husband purchase again, this one was returned… maybe HE is the one with the infomercial problem??)
- The Shark (steam clean floors, I don’t clean – why did I purchase this one?)
- Meat (not joking, I bought meat off QVC)
- Clothing & Jewelry (that dang QVC again)
- Perfect Pushup (husband purchase again… I AM starting to this we both may have an issue)
- Proactive Solution (this was actually a good purchase, still use it)
- Bare Minerals (another good purchase, still use this make-up)
- Magic Bullet (sits in the cupboard, no drinks being blended)
I’ve also written phone numbers down to order Ginsu Knives, Slice-O-Matic, Ab Rocker, Body Ball, Exercise Wheel, Carpet Cleaners, Perfect Caulk… In the light of day, I thought better about ordering any of these products (although, I’m still considering the Ginsu Knives).
The list goes on and on.
Notice the last item on the list… Magic Bullet. This “great” purchase sits in the cupboard collecting dust. Knowing the Magic Bullet is sitting in my cupboard, I watched an infomercial the other night when I couldn’t sleep… Nutri Bullet.
WHY would I think this item would be any different than Magic Bullet?
WHY would I think I would use this item any more than I use the Magic Bullet?
Best question yet… WHY did I order it??
Well, I did – I ordered it.
I ordered it because (in my best infomercial voice)…
“The Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System by Magic Bullet is portable, safe for kids, easy to use and effortlessly pulverizes fruits, vegetables, superfoods and protein shakes into a delicious, smooth texture. The Nutri-Bullet’s power, patented blade design and cyclonic action combine to extract all of the nutrients from your food helping you to achieve the healthiest lifestyle possible today.”
“To get the most out of your life, you need to get the most out of your food.”
I am trying to get the most out of my life, yes! I need to get the most out of my food, yes!
The Nutri Bullet has been delivered and it’s sitting on my counter top in the box.